Betting on the NHL is similar to wagering on other top sports. You can bet the basics—picking game winners, factoring in the puck line, or going over/under a goal total—or you can dive deeper into futures, player props, and more.
Our guide below has the latest NHL Odds and betting lines from the best NHL betting sites. You’ll find odds for daily NHL game lines, Stanley Cup odds, Hart Trophy odds, and more.
Today’s NHL odds: moneylines, puck lines and totals
You’ll find the latest NHL lines from top sports betting sites in the odds feed below. If you see odds that interest you, click them to visit the corresponding sportsbook and get started.
Stanley Cup odds
Below find up-to-date odds for every NHL team to win the Cup this season. Click any odds to visit that sportsbook, sign up for an account, and claim your welcome bonus.
Odds to win Eastern Conference
Here are live odds on teams to win the Eastern Conference championship this season.
Odds to win Western Conference
Check out futures odds on the winner of the Western Conference title this season.
Hart Trophy odds
The Hart Trophy is awarded to the NHL MVP at the end of the season. The current odds as posted at the best sports betting apps are listed below.
Vezina Trophy odds
Each year, the NHL’s best goaltender earns the Vezina Trophy. Click any of the odds below to join the corresponding sportsbook and place your bet.
See more: NHL futures odds
How to bet on the NHL online
Betting on the NHL has never been easier. Assuming you’re in a legal sports betting state (there are approximately 30), all you need to do is sign up for an account at an NHL betting site, and you’re ready to go.
Here are the steps for registering.
- Choose a sportsbook: If you’re unsure which sportsbook is right for you, do a little research and read through reviews. Consider the welcome bonuses to decide which sportsbooks are right for you.
- Register for an account: Once you decide on a sportsbook, visit its homepage, and click the button that says “sign up” or “register.” Next, you’ll fill out a form that asks for your name, email address, last four digits of your Social Security number, and more.
- Accept the terms and conditions: Every sportsbook has its own set of terms and conditions that you will need to accept before you can create your account. Read through these to familiarize yourself with the ins and outs of your chosen sportsbook.
- Claim your welcome bonus: At this point in the registration process, you can claim your welcome bonus for becoming a new sportsbook customer. If you need to input a bonus code, you’ll find it here on our site.
- Make a deposit: To start betting, you need to fund your account. Legal and regulated online sportsbooks offer a variety of methods for deposits and withdrawals.
- Start betting: Now that you’ve signed up for an account, you can start making bets. Find the hockey section in your sportsbook and select NHL. From there, you can choose any of the available bets. Click to add them to your bet slip and adjust the amount you wish to wager. Submit your bet slip to finalize your wager.
Best sportsbook apps for betting on NHL games
When it comes to selecting a sportsbook for your NHL bets, you’ll find no shortage of options. Below, we highlight four of our favorites for betting on the NHL.
- DraftKings Sportsbook: After cutting its teeth in the daily fantasy sports (DFS) market, DraftKings made the move to sports betting and has brought with it a large following. It offers a user-friendly experience and betting options on all major sports. NHL fans will find all of the traditional bet types as well as an impressive range of live NHL odds.
- FanDuel Sportsbook: Another popular DFS platform that became a sportsbook, FanDuel is one of the most popular online sportsbooks across the country. From puck lines to player props and everything in between, FanDuel offers NHL bettors a wide range of betting options for every game.
- BetMGM Sportsbook: A leading choice in many states, BetMGM has a lot to offer in terms of NHL markets. It offers a variety of bet types and the popular “edit my bet” function. The app can take a bit to get used to, but once you’ve figured it out, it’s easy to navigate.
- Caesars Sportsbook: With one of the most recognizable names in betting, Caesars is a fan favorite. It offers competitive odds in most markets and a strong variety of bets for every major sport. One major draw for NHL bettors is the promos and odds boosts for existing customers. Look for live betting options as well.
- BetRivers Sportsbook: BetRivers shines with its detailed NHL betting portfolio. Bettors receive in-depth stats and tips for upcoming games, aiding their choices. Beyond regular betting, NHL fans can explore alternate lines and specialized prop bets. Additionally, dedicated NHL bettors can capitalize on the iRush Rewards program, earning points as they wager on hockey.
- Bet365 Sportsbook: Bet365, a leading global sportsbook, emphasizes its National Hockey League offerings for US fans. Bet365 offers NHL followers daily odds boosts to elevate the betting journey. Their intuitive app caters to both newcomers and experienced NHL bettors. A standout feature is the live-betting option, enabling real-time wagers on ongoing NHL games.
See more: Best new sports betting sites
Best bets for NHL games
Like most major sports, the NHL has three major bet types: choose the winner with the moneyline, a spread-style bet with the puck line, and an over/under bet with the totals wager. Below, we take a brief look at each.
- NHL moneyline: The moneyline is the simplest NHL wager. All it requires is choosing the team you believe is going to win the game. Favorites are indicated by negative odds, such as -135, while the underdog shows positive numbers, such as +225.
- NHL puck line: The puck line is hockey’s point spread. It’s almost always set at 1.5 goals, with the favorite identified by a negative number and the underdog handicapped with a positive number of goals. For a bet on the favorite to win at -1.5 goals, the team must be victorious by two goals or more. Bets on the underdog pay out if they lose by a single goal or if they win the game outright.
- NHL totals: Also commonly known as the over/under, totals bets concern the combined number of goals scored in a game. (The contest’s winner doesn’t matter.) You just have to determine whether you believe the two teams will combine to score over or under the sportsbook’s predicted goal total.
Vegas NHL odds vs. online NHL odds
In the not-so-distant past, Las Vegas was one of the only US jurisdictions where you could legally bet on sports. Those days are behind us now, as dozens of states across the country have legalized sports betting online and in person.
Because of Vegas’ historical dominance, it’s easy to understand why people might believe the best lines are still available there.
The truth of the matter is that online sportsbooks have their own professional oddsmakers who craft equally competitive lines. After all, oddsmakers in Vegas and elsewhere are all employing data analysis and expert research to create odds.
You can be confident that the odds at your legal sportsbook are competitive with those out of Vegas.
How to find the best odds for NHL games
Finding the absolute best odds for your bets is a strategy known as line shopping. This requires that you have multiple sportsbook accounts, so you can compare the odds for the bets you’re planning on making.
Signing up for multiple accounts also means you can claim multiple sports betting bonuses & promos.
By shopping odds across sportsbooks, you can find the best potential return on your wager. Let’s consider a fictional game between the Toronto Maple Leafs and the Detroit Red Wings.
- At one sportsbook, the Red Wings are -130 favorites, and the Leafs are +210 underdogs.
- Another sportsbook has the Wings listed at -120 and the Leafs at +225.
On both sides of the bet, the second sportsbook offers better value than the first. Whether you were planning on backing the favorite or the underdog, Sportsbook B is clearly the better play.
You can do all this research yourself or use our odds feed (located near the top of this page) to compare options and find the best value. See here for the best NHL betting promos you can claim.
Source : ESPN.com