Jalen Hurts entered Week 13 as the betting favorite to win the 2023-24 NFL MVP. After a lackluster outing in an outing to the 49ers, he still sits atop betting boards. But his NFL MVP odds are tied with two other players now, Dak Prescott and Brock Purdy.
When betting on NFL MVP odds, the more information you can gather, the better. See below for how to bet on the 2023-24 NFL MVP at the best sports betting sites.
Latest NFL MVP odds
Here are the latest odds to win NFL MVP from the top NFL betting sites. Click on a player’s odds to visit the corresponding sportsbook, claim your bonus, and bet.
Who are the NFL MVP odds favorites?
It is not unusual for NFL MVP odds to shift from one week to the next throughout the season as contenders rise and fall. Quarterbacks often tend to be the focus of MVP discussions every season, and this year is no different.
Here are a few of the top contenders for this year’s award.
Jalen Hurts, QB, Philadelphia Eagles
Hurts could have pulled away from the rest of the competition with a dynamic and productive performance against the 49ers in Week 13. A win and a strong game against one of the leading Super Bowl contenders would have carried a lot of weight with voters.
Instead, he had a lackluster performance as the Eagles lost their second game of the season.
Dak Prescott, QB, Dallas Cowboys
There is no denying how well he is playing this season. In Week 13, he came through on a rare day that saw the defense struggle, throwing for 299 yards and three touchdowns. It was his third consecutive game without an interception and eighth of the season.
Only Brock Purdy has a higher passer rating (108.3 to 116.1).
Brock Purdy, QB, San Francisco 49ers
Clutch performances in the season’s biggest games tend to go a long way with voters, and Purdy certainly had one in the 49ers Week 13 game vs. the Eagles. After a dreadfully slow first quarter, Purdy went on to go 19-27 for 314 yards and four touchdowns.
A big performance in a win over the Ravens on Christmas could put him over the top in the minds of voters.
Best sportsbooks for NFL MVP odds
Below are a few of the best sports betting apps known for their NFL MVP betting options.
- DraftKings Sportsbook: DraftKings has a huge variety of NFL betting options. It has outstanding customer service, competitive NFL lines, and frequent NFL bonuses & promotions designed for new and existing customers.
- FanDuel Sportsbook: FanDuel offers competitive odds for all its NFL bets, including moneylines, point spreads, totals & futures. FanDuel is also known for an impressive spread of prop bets covering every major sport.
- BetMGM Sportsbook: A reliable sportsbook that offers an easy-to-use betting app, BetMGM also has a nice range of NFL prop bets, futures bets, parlays, and competitive NFL betting odds for every major bet type.
- Caesars Sportsbook: Caesars is a popular choice nationwide thanks to its recognizable gambling brand. You’ll find competitive lines and an extensive choice of every NFL bet type. Caesars also offers odds boosts for existing customers, especially for Super Bowl betting lines.
Past NFL MVP winners
Some of football’s most outstanding players have won Most Valuable Player honors. Here’s a list of NFL MVP winners from the past decade or so.
- 2022: Patrick Mahomes (Kansas City Chiefs)
- 2021: Aaron Rodgers (Green Bay Packers)
- 2020: Aaron Rodgers (Green Bay Packers)
- 2019: Lamar Jackson (Baltimore Ravens)
- 2018: Patrick Mahomes (Kansas City Chiefs)
- 2017: Tom Brady (New England Patriots)
- 2016: Matt Ryan (Atlanta Falcons)
- 2015: Cam Newton (Carolina Panthers)
- 2014: Aaron Rodgers (Green Bay Packers)
- 2013: Peyton Manning (Denver Broncos)
- 2012: Adrian Peterson (Minnesota Vikings)
- 2011: Aaron Rodgers (Green Bay Packers)
- 2010: Tom Brady (New England Patriots)
Who chooses the NFL MVP?
The National Football League’s MVP is chosen by the AP, also known as the Associated Press. The news organization uses a committee of 50 sportswriters who each vote for their MVP pick that season.
The MVP is determined by which player received the most total votes from the committee. The group of 50 voters varies by year, though there are plenty of recurring committee members.
In 2022, according to Pro Football Reference, Patrick Mahomes was given 48 first-place votes—a whopping 98 percent of total first-place ballots—while Jalen Hurts and Josh Allen received one first-place vote each.
When is the NFL MVP announced?
The NFL MVP Award is given annually at the NFL Honors ceremony, held the night before the Super Bowl.
The event also involves anointing other major award winners, such as Coach of the Year, Offensive Player of the Year, and Defensive Player of the Year.
The voting for annual NFL awards takes place after the regular season but before postseason play.
How do you bet on NFL MVP?
Betting on the National Football League MVP is easy and very common among NFL bettors. For context, NFL futures odds typically concern a long-term outcome, and the lines for the next NFL MVP are usually released soon after the previous year’s Super Bowl concludes.
At that point, you will discover the odds are quite long because you’re essentially guessing who could win the award a full year in advance. As the next NFL season draws near, the odds tighten due to the availability of additional information, news, preseason play, and other factors used by oddsmakers to calculate lines.
Once regular-season games are underway, the lines will narrow even more as clear favorites begin to emerge.
As a bettor, you need to weigh the risk vs. reward of betting early or waiting for the picture to become clearer. If you’re comfortable taking some less educated guesses, then feel free to bet early. You stand a good chance of winning a significant return on your wager if you choose correctly.
Not all bettors are keen on such risk, however. Those who aren’t should consider waiting until more information, data, and news become available to make a more informed bet on the next NFL MVP. That will reduce the potential profit but also the risk.
See more: How to bet on the NFL
What other NFL awards can I bet on?
While the Most Valuable Player Award stands out as a popular NFL futures bet, several other awards are available for betting at top NFL betting sites.
For example, the Offensive Player of the Year Award rewards the most prolific and explosive offensive player from that year. You’ll notice receivers and running backs are much more likely to win this honor than MVP, which has vastly favored quarterbacks in recent years.
On the other side of the ball, Defensive Player of the Year is another popular NFL futures market.
There are a couple of specific awards for rookies new to the National Football League. Offensive Rookie of the Year and Defensive Rookie of the Year odds are available to bettors throughout the regular season and awarded to the players with the most influence on their teams in their first-ever NFL season.
There are also betting opportunities for Comeback Player of the Year, Coach of the Year, Offensive Player of the Year, Defensive Player of the Year.
Source : ESPN.com